Saturday, January 7, 2012

STAMP & STUMP.(a discourse by Richie & Aisha

Like chirps of a lost bird to a quiet forest,
My only companion in this life is death,
No flowers only thorns, no oceans only deserts,
Stranded deranged, life is an oasis shield by the dark night,
A holy blur; a black coat unfurled,
A steely shimmer draining away my vitality,
A sphere of incredulity, I am a finalist, 
With finality I bleed into this canvas: earth,
Put herein by a cosmic creationist,
I am encapsulated to a disturbing serenity,
I am with the wind; I, with the elements.

I am fused with the elements of nature,
In surrender, I brook the torments of vibration,
A minute actor; my will is risible to deities,
In ether, manipulating the strings of predestination,
In life; I am a puppet, dancing to the law of Karma,
In death; I am a cosmic passenger, a prisoner,
In life and death, I am a sorry nonentity,
Duped by conscience to fake self worth,
And exist within the confines of unwritten laws,
I am a slave to the universe, and just like wind,
I scuttle from North to South at the tap of a wand.

Soiled and impure, dust unto dust I shall become,
Elemental carbon, no different from skunks,
Burnished with the blood of the true martyrs,
The forsaken dead, flayed to the bone, 
Are cogs in the godless wheel of nonexistence,
My death is a dream set in a stage,
A stage set in a theatre, all grand and proper,
Tapestries of honor, streaks of treacherous agony,
Screeching echoes of necrosis reverberate against my bones, 
And crush my material being into airy fantasies,
Wherefore must I yield to mediocrity?

I am wild and unrestrained; I seek to be wise,
But on these footpaths of wisdom, walks grief, 
I tire to unfurl the scrolls of madness and folly,
But with much knowledge comes sorrow,
So I wash away my tears with blood,
Feel the prick of thorns on my bare soles,
Glory in misery and oil my hair with wood glue,
Thence elements, deities and beings mighty and low!
Withhold not my joy, nor deny me the pleasures,
These laws knit into a fine fabric of eternal control,
And the tiny sieves betwixt, my only freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment